Port Explorers offer two Pre-Kindy classrooms, one in Port Douglas and the other at Cooya Beach. Qualified, enthusiastic and energetic educators will provide your child with the best care. This important and dynamic year in your child’s life prepares them for the rhythms and routines of a kindy program.
Pre-Kindy children enjoy richly resourced classrooms, with plenty of creative and fun outdoor space. Family routines are respected, seeing all children offered a time to rest or sleep after a delicious and healthy lunch. Your Pre-Kindy aged child will be involved in exciting activities such as incursions, science experiments, cooking experiences, group projects, nature play and time to pursue their individual interests.
A typical day in the pre-kindy room:
- Outdoor activities, such as climbing, team games, bike riding
- Indoor group time, story telling, group performances, show & tell
- Fun, educational activities and provocations (such as group role play)
- Delicious and nutritious morning tea / lunch / afternoon tea
- Individual / quiet activities (rest time as required)
Keep Connected with Storypark
Storypark is an easy-to-use private online service that helps teachers, parents and families work together to record, share and extend children’s learning.You can capture a child’s development by posting photos, videos, stories, moments, notes and responses.
- Be part of your child’s day no matter where you are
- Extend your child’s interests and learning.
- Record your child’s stories and keep them forever.
- Share and collaborate with wider family in a safe, private environment.
- Perfect for any parent or family situation, including working couples, separated parents and overseas relatives.